Man charged in 2 business break-ins | Crime
A Watauga County man was arrested Thursday for break-ins at two local businesses, according to the Watauga County Sheriff’s Office.
Tylar Watson, 20, was charged with two felony counts each of breaking and entering and felony larceny, one of each for both businesses burglarized.
The first burglary happened on November 30, at the Pet Style Salon on Moretz Road in Boone. The business reported that approximately $300 was stolen, deputies said.
The second burglary happened on December 11, at the Stockyard Bucking Company on Livestock Market Road. That business reported that $590 was taken during the break-in.
The Watauga County Sheriff’s Office Criminal Investigation Unit conducted an investigation into both incidents, and arrested Watson on January 10.
He is scheduled to appear in court on February 26.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Boone - Blowing Rock Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense
- Man leads deputies on high speed chase with one year old and three week old in car
- Catching the tail end: man walks away from armed robber, gets shot in back side
- Road work, lanes closed on Statesville Boulevard
- NASCAR driver faces more charges in car hauler dispute
- When can a toothbrush be worse than dental floss? When it comes with a blade
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say
- Public invited to free afternoon of canoeing
- One in custody, police looking for second suspect in Statesville homicide