Salesman: Have sex with me or buy a magazine, police say | Crime
BOONE, NC (WBTV) - Boone Police have received numerous recent complaints related to door-to-door magazine salespersons and on Wedmesday arrested one of these solicitors for a serious crime, according to a news release.
For the last two weeks, Boone officers have responded to complaints from citizens of magazine salespersons acting suspiciously, refusing to leave residences when asked, and using overbearing high-pressure sales tactics.
On Wednesday, January 19th a female resident reported to police that one of these salespeople had pressured his way into her home, and then refused to leave when asked.
Furthermore, the man reportedly refused to leave unless the woman either submitted to drug use and sexual activity or bought a magazine subscription from him.
The woman “chose” to buy a subscription, then immediately called police.
Over the course of the day, Boone Police patrol officers searched for and encountered members of this magazine sales group, eventually identifying and apprehending the suspect in the incident.
Jerad Michael Arnold, 22, of Arden, was charged with one felony count of common law robbery and booked into the Watauga County Detention Center under a $20,000 secured bond with a March 20th court date.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Boone - Blowing Rock Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense
- A special contribution from Salisbury Police Chief Rory Collins
- NASCAR Truck Series trailer stolen from Rowan business park
- Police: Former foster parent charged with sex crimes against kids
- "I know that guy!" Man caught after victim takes his picture and lets sheriff give to media
- Wanted man now faces charges for guns, drugs at Lakewood Apartments