Man arrested for intimidating witnesses | Crime
BOONE, NC (WBTV) - A Boone has been arrested, accused of intimidating witnesses in an ongoing case against him.
Kevin Richard Pierson, 48, of Winter Drive in Boone, was arrested Thursday and charged with one felony count of intimidating a witness. Pierson was arrested in July of 2011 for first degree arson and burning a vehicle at the Mountain Villa Motor Lodge in Boone. In this arrest, Pierson is alleged to have recently telephoned and threatened two potential witnesses in that earlier case.
Pierson was taken before a Watauga County magistrate, then held under a $100,000 secured bond with a February 14th court date.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Boone - Blowing Rock Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Investigators honored after elementary teacher busted, convicted in child porn ring
- Woman convicted on drug charges from 2011 case
- "Baker's Dozen" indicted on meth charges, more arrests likely
- "Music Millie": 80+-year-old woman teaching inmates in youth prison
- Man to be deported after serving time for sex offense
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say